Should I call the Police?

Although law enforcement officers in many locations may not respond to accidents unless there are injuries, drivers should file a state vehicle accident report (sometimes called a blue form), which is available at police stations and often on the Department of Motor Vehicles web site as a downloadable file. A police report often helps insurance companies speed up the claims process.


This information box about the author only appears if the author has biographical information. Otherwise there is not author box shown.